Name: Sheila Doby, 2 years @ Family EyeCare Center Leavenworth, Kansas
- How did you get into the optometry business?
- I was in banking for 15 years. I got laid off and then decided that I wanted to do something in the healthcare department.
- What is your favorite thing at the office?
- This job is very hard, but once you learn everything it is very rewarding. I also feel like family here. The doctors are very generous and really good to us.
- What is your role/responsibility in the office?
- I am an optician. I help patients with picking out the right frame, shape, color and size. I also help patients choose the right lenses that best suit them. And I help troubleshoot when patients are having any issues with their glasses.
- What are your hobbies/favorite things to do?
- I love being with my family and my kids. I like the outdoors and I LOVE college football. I am a huge Georgia Bulldogs fan!
- Family info:
- I am married to my wonderful husband of 11 years. His name is Adam. I have two boys, Sawyer is 5 years old and Noah is 6 years old. We also have two dogs and their names are Bella and Sammie.