Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked whole-grain brown rice
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, divided
- 1 (10¾ ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa verde
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs/breasts cut into ½ inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a small saucepan, heat chicken broth.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, and rice. Add hot chicken broth, 1 cup cheese, soup, sour cream, and salsa, stirring to combine. Stir in chicken. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese, and bake for 15 to 25 minutes longer or until center is set and cheese is golden brown.