Name: Whitney Gardner, 5 years @ Family EyeCare Center Leavenworth, Kansas
- How did you get into the optometry business?
- A friend told me about the job opportunity so I applied and got the job. My son has always worn glasses since he was an infant, so I have always been interested in the optometric field.
- What is your favorite thing at the office?
- My favorite thing has got to be the staff parties. When we all get together it’s always fun and everyone has a good time.
- What is your role/responsibility in the office?
- Pre-tester; I perform all of the tests prior to the patient seeing the doctor, including any special tests for our retina and glaucoma patients.
- What are your hobbies/ favorite things to do?
- I love spending time with my family. Watching TV/movies is also something I like. My DVR is my favorite piece of technology. I get to catch up on all of my shows that I miss.
- Family info:
- My husband Bill and I have been married for 6 years. We moved to Leavenworth when we started our family and now have a son Cody, 7 years old and a daughter Addison, 3 years old.