Name: Patty Ponder, 10 years @ Family EyeCare Center of Leavenworth,Kansas
- How did you get into the optometry business?
- A co-worker at a previous job told me that they were hiring and that I should fill out an application. After I did that, I got the job and have been with Family EyeCare since 2001.
- What is your favorite thing at the office?
- Working with all of our patients. It is always good to see all of the different faces each day. And my co-workers make everyday enjoyable. We have all built friendships with one another.
- What is your role/responsibility in the office?
- My role in the office is a pre-tester. I take the patients back before the doctor sees them to do preliminary testing. I also administer special testing for all of our glaucoma and retina patients.
- What are your hobbies/ favorite things to do?
- I enjoy antiquing, crafting, baking and decorating. I also like spending time with my family, especially during the summer when we can have everyone over for cookouts and to go swimming.
- Family info:
- My husband’s name is Don, he is a retired mechanic from General Motors and now works at Council in Aging as a driver. Ryan our son, lives inLeavenworthand works at Hund’s as a mechanic. Our daughter Crystal and her husband Jake are newlyweds, expecting their first child in June 2012. They have made their home inIdahoand we can’t wait to visit when we become first time grandparents.